Prof. h.c. (mult), Dr.-Ing., Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Martin Eigner holds the chair in Virtual Product Engineering (VPE ) at the University of Kaiserslautern and is a member on advisory boards of various professional and academic associations, f.e. ProSTEP Association (Automotive), GfSE (German Subsidary of INCOSE), WiGeP (Association of German Institutes for Product Development) and acatech (technical academy).
Presenting: Industrie 4.0 – The Impact on the Product Development Process
26 Feb 2014, 02:15
Comprising smart machines, storage systems and production facilities into global Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) to autonomously exchange information, trigger actions and independently manage manufacturing, engineering and product lifecycle
- What is Industrie 4.0 and what does it mean for manufacturers?
- Using Industrie 4.0 to track the development process: requirements, system engineering, configuration, simulation and detailed design
- Deploying model-based systems engineering as a novel approach to product development
- Understanding Industrie 4.0 benefits - autonomous driving and parking
- Interfacing product development and production system development