PLM STRATEGY AND OPTIMISATION
President, CIMdata, USA
Peter Bilello, President of the strategic management consulting and research firm CIMdata—an internationally recognized authority on PLM—has more than 24 years of experience in the development of business-enabling information technology (IT) solutions for research, engineering, and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
Presenting: A New Era of Innovation: Describing the PI Platform and the Future Sustainability of PLM
8 Mar 2016, 09:00
The disconnect between customer demands and platform capabilities has led to the need to ask some very important questions as to the future of the PLM industry and the need for change to avoid extinction.
With the inevitable ‘platformization’ of PLM, it is important you prepare a new strategy for business agility. Innovation platforms bring together people, processes and technologies to enable new products and services that cover many of the shortcomings of traditional lifecycle management approaches.
This session will help you understand how innovation platforms can make your product and process development infrastructure completely transparent.
This session will cover:
- Transforming PLM into an end-to-end business platform with multiple vendors and uses
- A view of CIMdata’s platform model; drawing together personal productivity tools, end-to-end lifecycle management and cross-functional collaboration
- Assessing the future capabilities of PLM and what business strategies you need to adopt to progress in building out you PI platform
- Migration of discrete capabilities for end-to-end lifecycle management
- Evolution of enabling technologies (e.g., Cloud, SOA and IoT) and their impact on your future PI platform